There is no point in keeping a damaged car in your garage since it only creates a mess and is a burden on your wallet. Time and again you have to spend money on its never-ending repairs. Moreover, the oil and gas leakages from the pipes might be harmful to your health. If you sell non-working cars, then you will get rid of the troubles. Besides, you will be able to earn top dollar and spend them on buying a new car.
How can I earn top dollar by selling a damaged car for cash?
- Choose buyers that have a proper working license: Make sure that you finalize the deal with the buyer who has a proper working license. Usually, professional buyers do not haste in being transparent in their dealings and are ready to show their license when asked for. On the other hand, scammers fear that their fake license might be recognized by the owner.
- Proper market research: Since you don’t have any prior experience in selling a damaged car for cash, you must make sure that you conduct proper market research before communicating with potential buyers. The buyers know that you don’t have much knowledge and make use of the situation. They would provide you low priced offers which you will accept easily. Some scammers even try to lure you by providing offers that are too good to be true. However, if you are well informed, then the chances of getting duped by the scammers become low.
- Communicating with multiple buyers: There is a tendency among the owners to be in haste when they sell non-working cars. Since they are already frustrated by the troubles caused by the car that they want to get rid of it as soon as possible. However, in doing so, the owners end up accepting low priced offers. On the other hand, if the owner contacts multiple buyers, then he will have a variety of options to choose from. It will help in better evaluation of the offers and select the most profitable one.
- Getting your documents ready: You must organize all your documents before communicating with potential buyers. Since you will have to show your important documents to the buyer, you must be prepared in advance. The absence of any paper might turn-off the buyer and he may refuse the deal. Having all the documents also leaves an impression on the buyer that you have a thorough knowledge regarding all the formalities of selling a damaged car for cash.
- Only accept cash payment: When your deal is finalized, you must make sure that the buyer pays you the entire money on spot and in the form of cash. Sometimes, the buyers ask the owner for partial payment. They promise to pay the rest of the amount in installments. However, such buyers usually don’t turn up once they have taken away your car. In case, you are accepting the payment in the form of a cheque, do remember to check the credentials to avoid any kind of confusion in the future.
- Contact your insurance company and DMV: Once you have provided your car to the buyer, make sure that you contact your insurance company to cancel your insurance premium. You must also inform your local Department of Motor Vehicle and ask them to cancel your registration.
The best place to sell a non-running car is junkthecar.com. The company has an A+BBB rating and is highly experienced in the business. They have strong goodwill in the market and offer high-quality service to their clients.